eMBED has a strong track-record of providing award-winning and leading edge transformational support to CCGs and the wider health and social care landscape.
We are currently working with a range of organisations to develop and implement new models of care, ranging from organisational development and outcome based contracting support for Vanguard sites through to primary care co-commissioning, redesigning children’s services and QIPP support to free up funds for transformation activities.
Our approach is based upon developing a consensus for change, as getting clinicians, service users/carers and managers to support a transformation programme is critical to its success. We believe this is a vital first step before moving into the modelling, design and implementation of a transformation programme. Further, we are able to provide support to underpin and support changes in the provider landscape through risk management, incentive alignment and innovative approaches to provider contracts.
Our flexible approach means we offer commissioners the option of an end-to end service, or bespoke services focusing particular expertise on one area. We recognise the importance of tailoring our support to suit specific local needs of CCGs, groups of CCGs and whole systems (including providers and local authorities)
Our services include:
- Working with our clients to develop new models of care, to test their case for change and to implement Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs)
- Organisational and leadership development, decision making support, coaching and team development for Vanguards and STPs – supporting the implementation of new models of care
- Helping clients manage transformation governance through reporting systems and programme management
- Whole-system activity and financial modelling, including scenario modelling
- Creating analytical and decision-support models to enable transformation options development and the measurement of success
- Developing outcome based contracts, integrated financial plans aligning incentives and managing risks
- Stakeholder management, communication and engagement
- Advising upon redesigning infrastructure for transformation, including IT, business intelligence and the governance and creation of linked data.
Benefits to our customers
We offer access to some of the most experienced and effective people in healthcare support, a really dynamic collaborative approach, and scale that brings with it significant cost savings.
Through Dr Foster, our intelligence-led approach ensures commissioners and providers are aware of where variation exists, and that our support is focussed upon areas which will derive the most benefit. We have the capability to measure and monitor patient care in innovative ways, from surfacing linked, patient-level data to follow longitudinal patient pathways, to applying predictive modelling to understand future pressures.
Using BDO’s transformation capability, we take business intelligence further, allowing us to pinpoint where behavioural and service improvements or financial savings can be made. Our focus upon ensuring consensus is achieved before detailed modelling and options development ensures that resources are focussed and that key stakeholder individuals and organisations are fully bought into the process.
To complement this, we use the award winning communications and patient engagement capability of Engine and the expertise of Kier in delivering back-office services and IT infrastructure to provide customers with joined-up, end-to-end transformation support.
For more information around our transformational support please contact Tom Quilty, Associate Director.